Zoodles can be bought at the supermarket if you don’t have a spiraliser at home. They make for a high-fibre and nutrient-packed alternative to pasta.
Makes one serve
Energy: 839kcal. (3511kJ)
Fat: 79% (76g)
Protein: 16% (33g)
Carbohydrate: 5% (8g net carbs)
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
1 egg yolk
10mL extra virgin olive oil
1 rasher bacon
60g brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g zucchini, spiralised
40g parmesan, grated
1 pinch sea salt
2 pinches black pepper
Basil or flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Whisk the cream and egg yolk together in a small bowl, then season with black pepper.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil (approx. 2 tsp) and cook bacon for 1-2 minutes on either side over a high heat, or until cooked through. Set aside, then slice into small pieces.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook your onion for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the spiralised zucchini and cook for a 1-2 minutes, then pour in the egg-and-cream mixture as well as the parmesan. Stir through and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated through, adding the bacon for the last minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, season, and enjoy.