Make a big batch of these yummy spiced nuts so that you’ve got snacks on hand that are packed with healthy fats. I like to use a combination of almonds, pecans, and Brazil nuts.
Makes four serves
Energy: 231cal. (967kJ)
Fat: 87% (23g)
Protein: 8% (5g)
Carbohydrate: 5% (2g net carbs)
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins.
180g mixed nuts
15g butter, melted
1 pinch smoked paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 135°
- In a bowl, coat the nuts (approx. 1 ¼ cups) in butter (approx. 3 tsp). Sprinkle over a generous pinch of paprika and a smaller pinch of cayenne, and mix to ensure nuts are evenly coated.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour nuts on to it, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 105°C and cook for another hour.
- Leave to cool before serving.