All your favourite Mexican flavours, minus the carbs. This recipe calls for you to make cauliflower rice, but feel free to buy the ready-made kind if that’s easier for you—it’s just as good!
Makes one serve
Energy: 612cal. (2559kJ)
Fat: 71% (49g)
Protein: 22% (32g)
Carbohydrate: 7% (6g net carbs)
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
80g skinless chicken breast, sliced
1 pinch ground cumin
1 pinch smoked paprika
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pinch cayenne pepper
60g cauliflower, cut into florets
15mL extra virgin olive oil
5g Keto-Fit Bone Broth
2 pinches sea salt
2 pinches black pepper
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
30g red onion, finely diced
5g fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
1 pinch coriander leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
1 squeeze lime juice
20g sour cream
80g avocado, mashed
30g cheddar, grated
1 lime wedges, to serve
- In a bowl, combine the chicken breast with the cumin, paprika, garlic and cayenne. Mix well to ensure it is evenly coated.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and blitz to make ‘cauliflower rice’.
- Next, heat half the oil (approx. 1 ½ tsp) in a frying pan over a medium heat, then pour in cauliflower rice and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add bone broth powder to 20-30mL boiling water and stir until dissolved. Pour into the frying pan and continue to cook cauliflower rice for a further 2-3 minutes until all water has been absorbed. Set ‘rice’ aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and cook chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine the onion (approx. ¼ small onion), tomatoes, jalapeno, coriander and lime juice. Season, and mix well to make a salsa.
- To serve, make a bed of cauliflower ‘rice’ and top with the chicken. Add the salsa, sour cream (approx. 1 tb), avocado (approx. ½ medium avocado) and cheese (approx. ¼ cup). Serve with a lime wedge and a few coriander leaves.