This salad is a keto dream because it’s packed with loads of fibrous salad vegetables, but still low on carbs. Keep the elements separate on your plate or toss them all together—it’s up to you!
Makes one serve
Energy: 858kcal. (3468kJ)
Fat: 72% (68g)
Protein: 22% (44g)
Carbohydrate: 6% (8g net carbs)
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
100g skinless chicken thigh, sliced
1 pinch smoked paprika
1 pinch black pepper
1 spray extra-virgin olive oil
1 rasher bacon
1 regular egg
150g Iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
1 tomato, sliced
50g avocado, sliced
50g blue cheese, crumbled
10mL Keto-Fit MCT oil
10mL lemon juice
5g Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 pinches chives, finely chopped
1 pinch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 pinch dill, finely chopped
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with paprika and pepper, then place to one side.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat and cook bacon for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Place to one side, then slice.
- Now add the chicken to the frying pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until pieces are cooked through. Remove from heat and leave to rest.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, then gently lower the egg in with a spoon to help prevent it from cracking. Cook for 7-8 minutes, then strain and run under cool water. Peel, and cut into quarters.
- In a serving bowl, make a bed of lettuce (approx. ¼ medium head) and top with the tomato, avocado, blue cheese, chicken, bacon, and egg.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients—that’s the mayonnaise (approx. 1 tb), MCT oil (approx. 2 tsp), mustard (approx. 1 tsp), lemon juice (approx. 2 tsp), garlic, and fresh herbs—then pour over the salad and enjoy.