Make a big batch of these haloumi skewers, and pop some aside for snacks.
Makes one serve
Energy: 698cal. (2920kJ)
Fat: 76% (59g)
Protein: 17% (29g)
Carbohydrate: 7% (8g net carbs)
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
120g haloumi, cubed
16 cherry tomatoes
90g zucchini, cubed
2 sprays extra virgin olive oil
2 pinches black pepper
45g cauliflower, cut into florets
1 spring onion, sliced
30g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
15g mint, finely chopped
1 squeeze lemon juice
1 pinch lemon zest, finely grated
20mL Keto-Fit MCT Oil
1 pinch sea salt, to taste
1 lemon wedges, to serve
- Soak four wooden skewers in water for at least 10-15 minutes. This will help stop them from burning and splintering when they’re cooked.
- Cut half the cherry tomatoes into quarters and set aside.
- Build your skewers by alternating between zucchini (approx. 1 small fruit), the whole tomatoes, and haloumi cubes. Give them a spray with olive oil, then sprinkle over some pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, process the cauliflower (approx. 3-4 small florets) in a food processor to make cauliflower ‘rice’. Pour into a bowl, and mix through the quartered tomatoes, spring onion, parsley, mint, lemon juice, zest and one tablespoon of MCT oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- When ready to cook the skewers, spray a frying pan or griddle with a little olive oil, then place over a medium-high heat and allow to get nice and hot.
- Cook the skewers for 5-6 minutes, turning every minute or two to make sure they’re evenly cooked on all sides. Enjoy alongside the tabbouleh with a lemon wedge.