Simple steak and greens is made that little bit more delicious with the addition of a homemade herb butter. If you don’t love scotch fillet, use whichever cut you prefer.
Makes one serve
Energy: 988kcal. (4133kJ)
Fat: 73% (80g)
Protein: 22% (54g)
Carbohydrate: 5% (5g net carbs)
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
40g butter, softened
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pinch parsley, finely chopped
1 pinch tarragon, finely chopped
1 pinch dill, finely chopped
3g Dijon mustard
210g scotch fillet steak
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
20ml extra virgin olive oil
8 stems broccolini
1 lemon wedges, to serve
- Use a fork to mash the butter (approx. 2 tb) with the garlic, parsley, tarragon, dill, and mustard (approx. ½ tsp). Wrap in a piece of cling film and refrigerate to set for at least half an hour.
- When you’re ready to eat, season the steak generously with salt and pepper and leave to sit.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then steam your broccolini for 3-4 minutes or until bright green but still crunchy.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle over a high heat. Coat with olive oil (approx. 1 tb) and add the steak. Cook for five minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other, or longer if you prefer it well done.
- Transfer to a plate alongside the broccolini. Serve with herb butter and lemon wedge.