The key to successful keto is finding clever swaps for old favourites. In this recipe, an Aussie summer staple is made new again with a few easy changes.
Makes one serve
Energy: 927kcal. (3879kJ)
Fat: 74% (77g)
Protein: 22% (50g)
Carbohydrate: 4% (5g net carbs)
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
50g almond meal
20g parmesan, grated
10g lemon zest, grated
10g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 pinch black pepper
1 extra-large egg, beaten
80g avocado, cut into chips
90g zucchini, cut into chips
125g firm white fish
60mL extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to spray ‘chips’
1 lemon wedge, to serve
35g mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 pinch sea salt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°
- First the crumb mixture. Combine ½ cup of almond meal, parmesan, lemon zest, parsley, and black pepper in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Coat your avocado (approx. ½ medium fruit), zucchini (approx. 1 small fruit) and fish one piece at a time by dipping first into the egg, and then into the crumb mixture.
- Spray the avocado and zucchini chips with oil, transfer to a baking paper-lined tray, and roast for 20-25 minutes or until crisp, turning them halfway through cooking.
- While they’re cooking, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Set aside to rest.
- Serve the fish alongside ‘chips’ and a cup of salad greens, with a lemon wedge.