Switch out the carb-heavy tortilla for a wrap made of nothing but eggs, butter, cream, and a few herbs.
Makes one serve:
Energy: 706kcal. (2953kJ)
Fat: 75% (60g)
Protein: 19% (34g)
Carbohydrate: 6% (8g net carbs)
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
2 extra-large eggs, beaten
1 pinch chives, finely chopped
1 pinch parmesan, grated
1 pinch black pepper
10mL extra virgin olive oil
1 rasher of bacon
4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
30g red onion, diced
1 pinch coriander leaves, chopped
1 squeeze lime juice
45g baby spinach, shredded
50g avocado, sliced
20g canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- Whisk the eggs and a tablespoon of cream in a bowl with the chives, black pepper, and parmesan.
- Coat a wide frying pan with one teaspoon of olive oil over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mix, and tilt pan to create a very thin omelette. Cover with a lid and allow to cook through. This should only take 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully lift the omelette from the pan with a spatula and transfer to a plate. Leave to rest while preparing the filling.
- Increase heat to high, add a second teaspoon of olive oil to the frying pan, and cook bacon for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes (approx. four large), red onion (approx. ¼ small onion), coriander, lime juice and salt in a bowl to create a chunky and simple salsa.
- Arrange the cup of shredded spinach, avocado (approx. ¼ large fruit), salsa, black beans (approx. 1 tablespoon) and bacon on the omelette, then carefully wrap