Curries are a life saver on keto, because you can pack them with all your favourite veggies (as with this one!) and still keep the carb count low by substituting normal rice for cauliflower rice.
Makes one serve
Energy: 947kcal. (3962kJ)
Fat: 74% (79g)
Protein: 18% (41g)
Carbohydrate: 8% (13g net carbs)
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 35 mins.
1 spray extra virgin olive oil
200g cauliflower, processed into ‘rice’
25g coconut oil
160g skinless chicken thighs, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g green capsicum, sliced
125mL coconut milk
10g red curry paste
5g Keto-fit bone broth
2 pinches sea salt
2 pinches black pepper
25g baby spinach
15g toasted coconut, to serve
1 lime wedges, to serve
1 pinch coriander leaves, to serve
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil, and heat over a medium-high heat. Cook the cauliflower ‘rice’ for 2-3 minutes, then transfer into a bowl and cover.
- Melt the coconut oil in the clean frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds, then add the capsicum (approx. ¼ medium fruit) to the pan. Add the coconut milk (1/2 cup), curry paste (approx. 1 ½ tsp), bone broth powder, and 60mL boiling water. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through the spinach (approx. ½ cup) at the last minute, to wilt.
- Serve the curry over a bed of cauliflower rice and top with toasted coconut (approx. 2 tb), coriander leaves and a lime wedge. Season to taste.