Switching potatoes for cauliflower is the secret to making old recipes work for you on keto. This pie recipe still had all your favourites but cuts the carbs.
Makes one serve
Energy: 831kcal. (3479kJ)
Fat: 71% (67g)
Protein: 19% (37g)
Carbohydrate: 10% (14g net carbs)
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 45 mins.
200g cauliflower, cut into florets
20mL extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
50g brown onion, sliced
80g button mushrooms, sliced
75g lean beef mince
5g Keto-Fit Bone Broth
20g tomato paste
65g carrot, peeled and grated
15g green peas
1 pinch sea salt
2 pinches black pepper
30g cheddar cheese, grated
1 pinch flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook cauliflower for 10-15 minutes, or until soft enough to mash. Drain, and transfer to a food processor along with butter (approx. 1 ½ tb), garlic, and a pinch of pepper. Blitz until smooth, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil (approx. 1 tb) in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion (approx. ½ small onion) for two minutes, then add the mushrooms (approx. 6 small mushrooms) and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Dissolve the bone broth powder in 150mL of boiling water, then pour into the frying pan. Bring to the boil, then add the tomato paste (approx. 1 tb), carrot (approx. ½ medium carrot) and peas (approx. 1 ½ tb).
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened, then transfer to a large ramekin or small ceramic baking dish. Spoon the cauliflower over the mince mixture and top with grated cheddar (approx. ¼ cup).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust has started to brown in places.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top prior to serving.