These ‘muffins’ are more like miniature frittatas, so they are super low-carb. This recipe makes six serves, but feel free to double or even triple the recipe to stock up. One ‘muffin’ is one serve.
Makes six muffins
Energy: 199kcal. (831kJ)
Fat: 71% (16g)
Protein: 26% (13g)
Carbohydrate: 3% (1g net carbs)
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 30 mins.
2 sprays extra virgin olive oil
6 large eggs
125mL whole milk
3 rashers bacon
80g grated cheddar cheese
10g Dill, finely chopped
10g Chives, finely chopped
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° Spray a muffin tray with olive oil.
- Spray a little extra oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes on each side, over a medium-high heat, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to cool, then chop into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk (1/2 cup) then stir through cheddar cheese (2/3 cup).
- Add a little bacon to each indent of the muffin tray, then pour over the egg mixture. Top with dill, chives, and a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through, then leave to sit for five minutes before removing from the muffin tin.