Soups make for fantastic keto lunches because they’re super low in carbohydrates but convenient for work or at home. This one is particularly delicious.
Makes one serve
Energy: 538kcal. (2250kJ)
Fat: 79% (48g)
Protein: 17% (23g)
Carbohydrate: 4% (4g net carbs)
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
5g Keto-Fit Bone Broth Powder
250mL boiling water
1 spray extra virgin olive oil
35g cup brown onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
25g broccoli florets
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
30g cheddar cheese, grated
1 rasher bacon
1 pinch chives, finely diced
- Stir the Keto-Fit bone broth powder through 250mL boiling water and stir to make stock. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray the base of a small saucepan with olive oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes on each side, until cooked through, then place to one side and allow to cool before slicing into ‘croutons’.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sauté onion (approx. ¼ medium onion) and garlic in the same pan until softened—this should only take a minute or two. Add the broth/stock and broccoli florets (approx. ¼ cup chopped), increase heat, and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, for 4-5 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Add the cream (2 tb), then use a stick blender to process the soup until smooth.
- Lastly, add the cheddar cheese (approx. ¼ cup)and stir continuously until melted through.
- To serve, pour into bowl or mug and top with bacon and chives.