Warm or cold, these delicious fritters make an excellent grab-n-go lunch option!
Makes one serve
Energy: 742kcal. (3104kJ)
Fat: 80% (67g)
Protein: 17% (30g)
Carbohydrate: 3% (3g net carbs)
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
95g broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
1 rasher bacon
30mL extra virgin olive oil
25g almond meal
10g parmesan, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
5g Dijon mustard
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 lemon wedge, to serve
- Start by steaming your broccoli (approx. 1 cup chopped). Make sure they’re nice and small pieces, and steam for 5-6 minutes or until easy to mash roughly with a fork. Leave some chunks for texture.
- Add half the olive oil (approx. 3 tsp) to a frying pan and cook the bacon over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Leave to cool, then slice thinly.
- Combine the almond meal (1/4 cup), egg, parmesan, garlic and mustard (approx. 1 tsp) in a food processor and blitz until combined. Season to taste, then stir through the mashed broccoli and the bacon pieces.
- Place the rest of the olive oil in the frying pan. Shape the mix into three fritters, and fry for around 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a lemon wedge, plus a little extra salt and pepper.