70% of your metabolic rate is determined by your muscle mass therefore it is vital to include exercises such as the squat.
- Place feet shoulder width apart
- Place hands out in front with one on top of that other (if using bodyweight)
- While maintaining an arch in the lower back, slowly bend your knees
- Be sure to keep shoulder blades retracted
- The majority of the weight should be through the back half of the foot
- Do not let the lower back round or the weight shift to your toes
Perform 3 or 4 sets of 10 to 30 repetitions.