- 1 small-medium butternut pumpkin (approx. 1.1kg)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 750ml vegetable stock
Use chicken or beef stock instead of vegetable stock
Add some chilli, paprika or curry powder as additional flavour (plus chilli helps fire up your metabolism, and enhances other flavours!)
Roast an onion or some garlic with the pumpkin and add. Use Carotino oil rather than olive oil. (or use no oil)
Sprinkle cut up shallots or chives on top. (but no cream!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced).
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and cut up into large pieces for roasting.
- Drizzle lightly with your favourite olive oil and season pumpkin well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until pumpkin is soft and golden brown.
- Place roasted pumpkin in large saucepan, add vegetable stock and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Puree soup in food processor until smooth.
- Serve immediately with you favourite bread.
Per serving: 944kJ (225 cal); 11.5g fat (saturated 2.5g); 20.5g; protein 8g.
Recipe submitted by Jo, FatBlaster sales team.