- 250g thick bacon rashers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g goats cheese
- 100g rocket or watercress
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 240°C. Dice the bacon rashers, discarding the rind. Heat the oil and fry the bacon pieces until crisp then drain on paper towels.
- To make the dressing, peel the garlic, crush it into a small bowl, then whisk in the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the goat’s cheeses in half horizontally to get four slices and place on the paper. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt and turns a toasty brown on top.
- Meanwhile, trim, rinse and dry the rocket or watercress and put into a mixing bowl with the bacon. Pour over the dressing and toss lightly, then arrange in circles on individual plates.
- Remove the cheese from the oven, place one round in the centre of each salad and serve immediately.
For a vegetarian version, use lightly toasted pine nuts or almonds instead of the bacon.
Energy 1520 kJ
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrate 2 g
Sugar 1 g
Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 11 g