- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¼ cup (85g) tamarind concentrate
- 3cm piece fresh ginger (15g), grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g pork fillets
- 100g watercress, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g), seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 medium yellow capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- ½ cup (75g) roasted unsalted cashews
- Combine honey, tamarind, ginger and garlic in small jug. Combine pork with a third of the honey mixture in medium bowl.
- Cook pork on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned all over and cooked as desired. Cover; stand 10 minutes then slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients with half the remaining honey mixture in medium bowl.
- Drizzle pork with remaining honey mixture; serve with salad.
Use red or green capsicum instead of yellow, according to taste or price
Use macadamia nuts instead of cashews.
Preparation time 15 minutes – cooking time 15 minutes serves 4
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVE
per serving 1885kJ (451 cal); 14.1g total fat (3.2g saturated fat); 29.9g carbohydrate; 49.6g protein; 4.3g fibre