- 2 medium to large fennel bulbs
- 1 large red (Spanish) onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil (to taste – 1 tbsp maximum)
- 1 orange including peel and pith
- Trim stalks off fennel and wash bulb; slice very finely crosswise
- Peel and slice Spanish onion very finely
- Layer fennel with onion through salad bowl
- Cut orange in half, squeeze half orange over salad mix. (microwave that half for 10s to help extract juice beforehand if necessary).
- Slice remaining half orange very finely, and then halve slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad mix.
- Arrange orange slices over top.
- Serve cold.
Add pitted black olives to top or through salad. Roughly chop fennel leaves to add to top.
Protein: trace; Fat 5.5g; carbohydrate 3.5g
Sent in by Bart, Adelaide