- 200g spaghetti or tagliatelle
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion (preferably Spanish)
- 3-4 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped, pitted black olives
- 95g canned tuna in sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2teaspn chilli flakes
Use other veges eg 1 medium fennel, 5x small golden squash, 1 good quality tin of tomatoes
If you have further time, sweat 1teaspn minced garlic with onion first.
Add some fresh basil leaves when you add the tuna. (lemon basil tastes great!)
Tip: watch the sweet chilli sauce in the tuna hasn’t had extra sugar added
- Cook pasta as per packet directions
- Spray oil in non stick frying pan over medium heat. (not too liberally!)
- Add vegetables, and stir until cooked. Add olives, tuna and chilli flakes and stir through for 1-2 minutes until heated.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and serve hot.
Energy: 500cal, Protein 8g, Total fat 8g, Sat fat 1g, Carbohydrates 80g, Sugars 10g, Fibre 7 g, Sodium 300mg, Iron 2mg, Calcium 50mg.
TIP: Don’t eat this as a dinner, use it as an excellent source of energy during the day.
Submitted by Allira, Sydney.