- 400g can chickpeas
- 410g can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Fry the onion and bacon with the garlic until soft.
- Add the cumin, paprika and chickpeas, stir together for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced, and season to taste. Serves 4.
Garnish with a sprig of coriander, garnish with chopped chives
For vegetarian, replace bacon with 1tbspn soy sauce and chicken stock with vegetable stock, and “sweat” onion and garlic with 2 stalks of celery with 1 teaspn olive oil.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVE
Energy 153 Cal; Protein 9.8g; Fat 7.8g; Saturated Fat 1.1g; Carbohydrates 11.6g; Sugars 3.3g; Dietary Fibre 5.4g; Sodium 220mg; Calcium 68mg; Iron 1.3mg