- 800g skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- Mix the chicken, fish sauce, soy sauce, water and raw sugar in a bowl, and leave it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and stir-fry until lightly brown. Then add in the spring onions and chili flakes, and stir –fry until the spring onions become soft.
- Sift the marinade from the chicken and keep the marinade in a bowl. Add the chicken to the pan.
- Stir-fry until the chicken is almost completely cooked. Then, pour in the marinade and mix it in properly. Stir it occasionally until the sauce boils. Remove from heat, and stir in the basil leaves. Serve.
Nutritional information per serve: Total carbs: 3g, Fiber: 0.5g, Protein: 40.2g, Fat: 9g, Calories: 264
Recipe by Eric Mitchel