CALORIES AND CARBOHYDRATES IN YOGURT
Shave fat and calories by choosing low-fat or fat-free yogurt. A 1-cup serving of whole-milk yogurt has as much as 160 calories, but the same amount of low-fat yogurt cuts out 40 calories. Enjoying fat-free yogurt with your fruit provides a minimal 100 calories, plus the calories from fruit. Yogurt contains about 12 g of carbohydrates per serving and each gram provides four calories. According to MayoClinic.com, around 45 to 65 percent of your total calories should come from carbs. Based on an 1,800-calorie diet, you need 202 to 292 g of carbohydrates per day. This dessert contains 12 g of carbs from yogurt and 15 g of carbs from fruit.
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) regular sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and ground black pepper
- Snipped chives (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 12 slices smoked salmon, about 1/2 lb (250 g)
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond flakes, toasted
- Arrange orange slices on a dinner plate.
- Drizzle the honey and oil over to cover evenly.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix the yoghurt and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the oranges and serve with the yoghurt.
Energy 760 kJ (183 Cals)
– saturated 1.1g
– sugars 19.3g
Dietary Fibre 2.1g
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g Berries (blackberry/raspberry)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 Cup water
- Pinch of Salt
- Veg Oil Spray
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 2 T parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa